Mango with Sticky Rice
Exotic Fruit Salad Served In Half A Dragon Fruit
Thai Caterer commonly include a different combinations of herbs and spices. There are 4 main regions of Thai food, namely:
- Northern (Lanna)
- North-Eastern (Isan)
- Central (Bangkok)
Northern Thai cuisine includes:
- Khao soi – egg noodles in coconut milk based with dried curry powder seasoning.
- Nam prik – raw, steamed, or boiled fresh local vegetables and deep-fried pork skin, like naam prik num, naam prik awng, and naam prik naam bpoo mixed with chili paste made with roasted chilies, garlic, shallots, with a salty or sweet taste.
- Naem – Fermented pork sausages.
North-Eastern Thai cuisine is hot, salty and sour. Sticky rice is the main staple food dipped in strong paste called nam phrik pla ra (spicy dipping sauce of fermented fish and chilis). The meal is not complete without fresh raw vegetables and herbs.
Southern cuisine is very hot, salty and sour. Spicy, sour coconut curries are eaten every day. Due to close proximity to the sea, Southern Thais generally eat more fish than meat.
Central Thai cuisine is commonly found internationally. Bangkok is home of the famous floating river market. Central Thai cuisine is a fusion of every cuisine in all parts of Thailand. Popular dishes include:
- Pad Thai – fried rice noodles, tofu, dried shrimp, and bean sprouts in a sweet and spicy sauce.
- GuayTeow Reua – “boat noodle” soup with pork or beef broth.
- Hoy Tawt – battered and fried mussels in a flour batter.
- Nam prik – seasonal vegetables dipped in chopped shrimp with chili paste.
- Salads (yam) mixed with fresh kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and herbs.
- Issan green papaya salad som tom – sweet and sour with the addition of ground peanuts.
Please call us at [ci show=”phone”] to discuss further or drop us an email in the form below.
Thai Caterer – Frequently Asked Questions
Question – Which Thai Region Cuisine do you specialize in?
We cover all Thai cuisine. However, the Central (Bangkok) cuisine is the popular choice
Question – What is in your menu?
We have a wide selection of appetiser, salads, soups, meat and poultry, seafood, vegetables, rice and noodles. Our guests will not feel their meal is complete without our assortment of the famous sweet desserts. We customize our menu based on our client’s requirements. Do leave your contact below or call our consultant for a discussion to plan for your event
Question – Do you serve Vegetarian Thai Food?
Our vegetarian catering offers a variety of cuisine. Our consultant would be happy to discuss with you. Drop us your contact info now or call us at [ci show=”phone”] .
Question – Is your Thai food Halal certified?
Yes, our Halal Catering offers international cuisine.
Question – I am planning a dinner and dance for my company. Our theme is Thai festival. Can you plan for our event?
Our event consultant would be glad to work with you for a complete dinner and dance event – from invitation, reception, dinner catering to providing of professional emcee(s) and singing and dancing group.